Sunday, May 11, 2008

Twenty years of dirt


My dad bought me a pretty good sleeping bag back in 1987. I have been using it ever since. It has been all over the place: Europe, North America, Hawaii, South America, and I forget whether China and Japan also. I washed it for the first time today. Decided to do it in the bathtub instead of the washing machine. That allowed me to see that it was a bit overdue for a wash. Just a bit. Like fifteen years. But hey, it was just camping dirt. Clean dirt. :)

And, of course by Murphy's law, after a whole week of beautifully sunny skies, I managed to finish the wash one hour before a thunderstorm rolled through. So much for getting a good portion of the sleeping bag dry using solar power. We will see what tomorrow brings. In the worst case, we have a dryer downstairs.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is the most awesome picture ever :).